Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That we had a good school week last week. I am ready for the second week and pretty stoked because my son just asked to do his math assignment. Probably to get it over with, but hey, that's a great start to the week.

What I'm reading: I need to get back into reading time for me. Last week I previewed an early church fictitious novel and decided it was too mature for the kids. I still need to finish my book list from last August....

What I'm listening to: The washing machine going, voices upstairs, and water boiling in the kitchen for my second cup of tea.

What we're learning: Nero, early church martyrs and Josephus in history; grammar and math pages that happen every day, and California Indians in our co-op.

What I'm watching: The seasons change. I am not ready for fall yet, and I am realizing that I love the weather in the summer. As my Sweetie tells me often, I would do well in Africa.

What's cooking: I am making Chicken Divan tonight...an old recipe from when I was young. I'll probably have white rice with it (a staple in our home), and a green salad.

What I'm buying: I am trying to cut white sugar out of our diet. Last year I got 3 big quart jars of raw honey from a friend and her bees, and now I need to go out and find a small jar to store it in to sweeten tea and coffee.

What I'm thankful for: For my husband and his faithfulness in providing for our family. I am so thankful for him!

What I'm creating: Book lists for the extra reading I want the older two to do this year during school. Last night I borrowed a few books from a friend that I am planning to have them read this year: The Story of Rolf and the Viking Bow by Allen French, Crispin, the Cross of Lead by Avi, and Against the World by Henry W Coray.

What I'm praying: That the Lord would continue to give me wisdom as I raise and teach the precious children He has given me.

What I'm planning: I am going through Charles Wesley's hymn, O For A Thousand Tongues To Sing in co-op and I need to sit down and plan out my lesson plan and vocabulary words for the quarter.

What we did this last weekend: Mr. Lego won tickets to a nearby airshow so that was where we were on Saturday. Sunday was church and Sunday School, then over to a friend's house for munchies, ping pong and fellowship.

What I'm looking forward to: Our co-op is going on a field trip to an historic Indian site and preserve this week and our first 4-H club meeting of the year is also this week.

A picture to share:


~Checking out the big airplanes at the airshow on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment