Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I learned a lot about myself this last week, and that deep, deep down I am wimp.

What I'm reading:
I am going to sit down and have some reading time later this week....after I do the 6 loads of laundry from the camping trip and after I do my major monthly shopping.

What I'm listening to:
A couple of little voices upstairs and breakfast sounds coming from the kitchen.

What we're learning:
We start school back up either the 30th of August or the 7th of September...it all depends on when the books I have ordered and still need to order arrive.

What I'm watching:
My son turn into a man. Seriously, this last couple weeks he looks so much older to me.

What's cooking: Tonight I am making an easy crockpot recipe called Indian Spiced Lentils with Chicken. I triple the spices listed in the recipe and make Basmati rice and roasted vegetables on the side.

What I'm buying:
I'm headed to Costco, Winco, Target and Trader Joe's in the next couple days. Yup, it is monthly shopping time again.

What I'm thankful for:
For precious friends to go camping with. That no one was hurt while we were in the mountains.

What I'm creating:
Today? Clean laundry and full cupboards.

What I'm praying:
That I would become more spiritually alert and ready for Christ's coming.

What I'm planning: School lesson plans are on my brain now. I have some ideas milling around but this week I really need to sit down and plan specifics.

What we did this last weekend: We were camping on Friday and Saturday, then church on Sunday. After church a couple families went to the park with us and we played volleyball for a while.

What I'm looking forward to:
Later this week we have our summer ball at church; another rousing contra dance.

A picture to share:


~My Sweetie and I on the camping trip. I definitely felt much dirtier then I looked here....

2 comments: