Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That our vacation was really relaxing. We had water volleyball games, great BBQ's, roasting marshmallows, water skiing and tubing, Cornhole matches and late card game nights. Lots of fun and it went way too fast!

What I'm reading:
We listened to some from the Narnia series on our road trip and that is the extent of my reading this last week.

What I'm listening to:
My son put on Toby Mac while the kiddos are doing some cleaning up.

What we're learning: This week both of the older two are in the play A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court so they are working their parts and lines.

What I'm watching:
My laundry pile getting bigger every time someone empties out their suitcase.

What's cooking:
I am making my Chicken Pad Thai later this week. I love spicy Asian food in the summer.

What I'm buying:
Up in Oregon we went to an estate sale and I bought a Bauer bowl, 3 blue Ball jars, 2 jars full of old buttons and a Saturday Evening Post from 1971; all for just $7. The Bauer does have a superficial crack but it is a beautiful orange that will look nice in my kitchen.

What I'm thankful for:
For my extended family. That my children can know their great grandpa. For safety as we were on the river and on our road trip. That God is good.

What I'm creating: More organized kids rooms. I realized that my 13 year old son hasn't touched the wood blocks or Lincoln Logs under his bed for a few months so we will be going through that stuff and finding another place for it today.

What I'm praying:
That God would give me wisdom as I parent and train my children.

What I'm planning:
A nice quiet week. We are all going to the play this Friday and that is all I have planned.

What we did this last weekend: We were on vacation. On Saturday my cousins, my Sweetie and I went around town, got some coffee and hit a few garage sales. Sunday we went to church and drove the 8 hours back home.

What I'm looking forward to:
We have a church talent show this Sunday that I am looking forward to, then the following week is our church camping trip.

A picture to share:



~This is kind of neat yet sad at the same time; we saw this on the grill of our car after our drive to Oregon. The butterfly must have hit it when its wings were wide open....

Comments

  1. Your vacation DOES sound relaxing! So nice.

    Also, this reminded me that I need to try out your Chicken Pad Thai recipe as well! Jason and I love chicken pad thai and I have a feeling it would be super fun to make together. He's been asking me to find some recipes that we can make together, so I think this one would be awesome.

    Love reading these!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts