Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I am behind on a blog post! Nutsy celebrated her 5th birthday on Friday; usually I do a blog post for each child on their birthday but missed it because we were at the State Fair. I am also approaching my 100th blog post and I have something fun planned...I think that post will make it into this week so watch for it. :-)

What I'm reading:
This last week I don't think I picked up a book, except once while in the bathroom. I am planning to change that this week.

What I'm listening to:
Bookworm humming, Nutsy and Dasher having a silly conversation and the microwave beeping.

What we're learning:
We learned so much about rabbits and State Fair last week. One day the two older kids got to participate in a rabbit demo in front of an audience. I am very happy with what they have learned all this last year in 4-H.

What I'm watching:
Over the weekend we watched one of my favorite war movies, The Guns of Navarone. I love the story line and we get a kick out of the models they use when they blow things up.

What's cooking:
This week I am going to try PW's Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Quesadillas.

What I'm buying:
I finished my menu plan for the month and so I am out to get our shopping done the next two days. We are also doing a remodel of the rabbitry so I am pricing different things.

What I'm thankful for:
I am SO thankful that there are people out there that want to buy our rabbits! We were under a bit of pressure because as of last Friday, the 11 babies out there were old enough to mate. I don't have the space to separate all of them so I desperately needed buyers. And then Lord provided some very nice people who took 7 of them. We are still selling the rest though...

What I'm creating:
...since it looks like we can sell these rabbits, it looks like we will continue this project in 4-H so we need to upgrade the rabbitry. So I'm exploring plastic vs. metal pans, metal guards and fly spray options.

What I'm praying:
That I would not discipline from a merely moral perspective, but show my children the gospel, and how much their sin shows their need for the Savior.

What I'm planning:
We have a couple of trips coming up in the next month so I need to start thinking about those. One is a family reunion and the other is our church camping trip.

What we did this last weekend: Oh my word, we were at the State Fair every day last week except Monday and Thursday. State Fair is incredibly competitive and we were the little guys. But it was a great learning experience....like I'll make sure next time that their tattoos are readable, and make sure the kids really ARE registered for Showmanship. I had some panic moments but God is good and everything worked out fine.

What I'm looking forward to:
I am meeting a friend for lunch today, we have play practice on Wednesday and I am planning to do all the cleaning and laundry that got neglected last week.

A picture to share:


~It was 105 degrees this day at the fair; so we spent a fair amount of time in front of the mister fans.

Comments

  1. the dinner sounds amazing!!! I realized I need to get back to my Tuesday Tidbits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love that Stef! I really like hearing about people's every day happenings.

    And that recipe didn't sound that good when I read the title, but looking at the photos that are on her post made my mouth water and I had to try it...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts