Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That we didn't do too badly at the State Fair yesterday; Dasher's one rabbit had something wrong with its teeth so her entire meat pen was disqualified, Bookworm's pen did not place, but Mr. Lego's pen did get awarded 12th place.

What I'm reading:
I am not reading much of anything right now; I am still finishing that book from last week, The Food of a Younger Land.

What I'm listening to: Blessed Assurance by Third Day, the washing machine going upstairs and the bird chirping.

What we're learning:
4-H at the fair is such a learning experience and we are getting a lot of that this week...

What I'm watching:
My Sweetie and I watched Fiddler on the Roof over the weekend; that movie means so much more to me now that I have 3 daughters that are growing up fast.

What's cooking:
Tonight I am making Oven Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes, homemade coleslaw and biscuits. A KFC wannabe meal with a third of the fat. :-)

What I'm buying:
I am looking for something specific for Nutsy's birthday and I am thinking to head to Ikea tomorrow.

What I'm thankful for:
That we have access to a pool here in our neighborhood. It would be a really tough summer without it.

What I'm creating:
We harvested 3 tomatoes over the weekend and a few more will be ready to pick tomorrow. You cannot beat the taste of homegrown tomatoes....

What I'm praying:
Is it wrong to pray that life would be smooth? I grow so much when our family goes through trials, but they are not fun at all. So I will pray for strength, wisdom and God will in my life.

What I'm planning:
Nutsy's 5th birthday is this Friday and we are making fun plans for that day.

What we did this last weekend: Friday we went to Cow Appreciation day at a nearby Chick-fil-A. The kids really enjoyed dressing up like cows and getting their free meal. Saturday was quiet with a nice bike ride and swim, then yesterday was the market competition at the State Fair.

What I'm looking forward to: We are spending all day at the Fair with friends on Wednesday and I haven't visited our State Fair since I was 10 so it will be a fun day. Then birthday celebrations this weekend for Nutsy and me!

A picture to share:


~Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A.

No comments:

Post a Comment