Friday, July 9, 2010

I'm Hot

This is a poem written last week by Bookworm. Appropriately on a hot day.

I'm Hot

I want to get into the freezer,
It would feel so, so good,
But you know what?
I don't think I should.

I wonder what I should do,
Maybe an ice cube will do,
But if I try, then it will melt on my clothes
And my Mother will cry, "Boo-hoo!"

Should I use some water?
To freshen up my head?
But when I will say goodnight and go to bed,
Water will drip onto my bed!

I know what!
I'll go to the river!
Then I'll walk in and out,
And shiver and shiver and shiver.

So now my friends,
I must say goodbye.
And wade into the river in sunny CA,
I will wade and say, "Hi!"


~Bookworm

1 comment:

  1. I loved this!!! I used to love writing stuff like this and then reading the aloud to my Mom (I also wrote some pretty odd stories and made her suffer by reading them to her, but that's another story, for another time).
    This was super cute AND, I very much agreed with this up until today, when it finally cooled back down to 78 degrees!

    ReplyDelete