Happy Birthday Nutsy!

My baby turned 5 last Friday. It seems that when my kids turn 5, they loose all their 'babyness' and suddenly seem so grown up. Nutsy was no exception and even though I want her to stay 4 forever, Friday happened and my youngest is now a big 5 year old. I remember when she was in the hospital.....

She was our biggest baby at 4 pounds 8 ounces; I was so happy she was healthy and big (to me) and didn't have any preemie health issues.

And she has been such a joy to us ever since. Here she is at around 9 months old in her exersaucer...



Playing in the lake with Daddy in 2007 (2 years old)....





...and at the beach with her cool sunglasses on in 2008 (3 years old). She looks so little in this picture!


Thanksgiving 2009 (4 1/2 years old)....



and then at the State Fair last week, looking very grown up to me.

Time goes way too fast; I am always saying that I wish I could put my kids in the freezer so they wouldn't grow up, but growing is a part of life. I am so, so thankful for the 4 blessings God has given me!

For Nutsy's fun day we went to the fair (of course). Then that night we had steak, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and garlic bread. For dessert she picked lemon cake (courtesy of Duncan Hines) with vanilla frosting. We played a couple games and opened her gifts. I am so thankful for this sweet little girl; who always gives me hugs right when I need them, whose smile lights up her eyes and who I pray, will grow nearer and nearer to the Lord. Happy Birthday, my little one!

Comments

  1. Ahhh... she does look grown up! Mine are going to be there way too fast as well! Just trying to soak up every moment of every day I have with them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Nutsy! What a fun, big age to be! I loved these pictures and cannot believe how tiny your babies are - what a testimony of God's mercy to your family <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful, a mother's words of pure love toward her sweet child!
    Thank you for sharing your daughter with us.
    Happy late birthday to your Nutsy!
    And happy motherhood to you.
    I know it's so bittersweet to watch them grow... (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Nutsy! Charlotte - I just can't believe it has been 5 years! Just think - her shower was the first time I ever helped host a tea party!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts