In honor of my 100th blog post I am HAVING A GIVEAWAY!
I have never done this before so we will see how this works; I enjoy participating in other blog giveaways so it is only fair that I have one every now and then. I saw this idea on someone else's blog a couple years ago; that on her 100th blog post, she posted 100 things about herself. Just random, silly things that you might not have known. So this is the deal. Read through my list of 100 things and leave me a comment telling me something new you learned about me. If you are an email subscriber (and I know you people read but don't usually comment on my actual blog,) you can send me an email of your comment. On Monday the 26th of July at 6pm the comments will close, I will put everyone's name in a hat and pick a winner. The prize is a $10 Starbucks gift card for you and a friend to get a couple drinks and a sweet treat. Have fun reading and don't forget to comment!
1. My favorite area in my house to clean is the kitchen.
2. I only learned how to knit in 2003 and how to crochet in 2004.
3. I love tea, my favorite kind being one called Blue Lady.
4. All of my children were born prematurely and spent time in the NICU.
5. My smallest baby was Dasher, she was 2 pounds 12 ounces and spent 6 weeks in the hospital.
6. I have never taken a child home with me when I was discharged from the hospital after their births.
7. I had never moved until I got married.
8. I love listening to movie soundtracks.
9. One of my phobias is drinking tap water.
10. I am a sucker for lost cats.
11. My mom was blind and went blind before I was born. She passed away when I was 23.
12. I am reminded everyday of my sins and the need I have for my Savior.
13. One of my favorite things is a glass of Merlot with dark chocolate.
14. I very much dislike cleaning the bathrooms.
15. The only man I have ever kissed on the lips is my husband.
16. I have an obsession with buying used books.
17. I have been to 6 foreign countries.
18. My husband is half Japanese.
19. I was homeschooled from 5th grade through high school.
20. I plan to homeschool my own children until they need higher education.
21. My favorite subject to teach is history.
22. I love to read.
23. My favorite book at this time is Jane Eyre.
24. I played the cello in high school.
25. I crocheted one afghan a few years ago. That's the only one.
26. My favorite flowers are tulips.
27. I don't like wearing watches.
28. I have broken my left arm 5 times.
29. I have broken my right arm once.
30. I am left handed.
31. My favorite restaurant is PF Chang's.
32. My favorite dish at PF Chang's is Mongolian Beef.
33. My Sweetie and I honeymooned in Kauai and Bear Valley.
34. Our firstborn was born a year and a week after we were married.
35. I spent our first anniversary in the hospital with pre-term labor.
36. I can't stand listening to someone chew.
37. I also don't like being poked.
38. I have a fear of pocket knives. (And my son has 2 of them) I am just scared that they will magically spring closed while I am holding them.
39. I went to De Anza College and got my AA in Liberal Arts. Why? I'm not sure.
40. My favorite game to play is Speed Scrabble.
41. I lived in Papua, (Irian Jaya) Indonesia for 6 months after I graduated from high school.
42. While in Papua, I traveled 10 hours by dugout canoe to visit a tribe where white men had only come for the first time 10 years before.
43. I started this blog on July 14, 2009.
44. I have 2 precious babies in heaven that we lost by miscarriages.
45. I have played the piano since I was 6.
46. My favorite piece to play on the piano is Chopin's Nocturne in E flat.
47. We don't watch any normal television, but have all the Andy Griffith episodes.
48. My favorite music artist is Fernando Ortega.
49. The first person to ever comment on my blog was Leslie.
50. I have been rappelling in New Zealand.
51. I have walked on a glacier in Alaska.
52. I have been on the Bullet Train in Japan.
53. The reason we traveled so much when I was younger was because my dad works for United Airlines.
54. My favorite color is purple, any shade.
55. One of my struggles is being content with the number of children God has blessed me with. I would love more.
56. My favorite Bible passage is Psalm 121.
57. I love the smell of gardenias. They were my mom's favorite flower and remind me of her.
58. Growing up my family had birds, rabbits, dogs, cats, hamsters, rats, and fish. Now we have one bird and the rabbits outside.
59. I am a 'glass is half full' type of person.
60. I have one younger sister.
61. I have gone to church all my life.
62. I really don't like clothes shopping. At all. I would rather pay someone to do it for me.
63. Both my dad and my husbands dad were adopted.
64. I am a people pleaser and therefore have a hard time saying no to people.
65. I wore glasses until I was 16. Now I have contacts.
66. One place I want to visit is Africa. I really want to go on a safari.
67. I have never been in a car that has been pulled over by a cop.
68. I have been in 2 car accidents. No injuries though.
69. I struggle with pride.
70. I love thunder and lightening storms.
71. I lived through the '89 quake in the Bay Area.
72. I love taking pictures and love my camera, a Nikon D50.
73. The only time I have ever ridden in an ambulance was when I was 10 years old in Tokyo, Japan. I was choking on a chicken bone.
74. I am a member of an OPC church.
75. I don't like driving at night.
76. I love baskets and having them around the house to put things in.
77. My first job when I was 15 was a filer in a pediatricians office.
78. My favorite hymn is 'Be Thou My Vision'.
79. I played handbells for 8 years in my old church; the one I grew up in.
80. I have never smoked a cigarette. I have taken a puff of a cigar.
81. I enjoy skeet shooting.
82. I make dinner almost every night. We try to stay away from processed foods.
83. I do feel like I could use my time during the day more wisely. Definitely an area I need to work on.
84. I have blue eyes.
85. If I had not gotten married I would have become a nurse.
86. I don't like confrontations. I try very hard to avoid them.
87. My favorite drinks from Starbucks is a grande, 2 pump, non fat, extra hot, green tea latte in the winter, and a grande, 2 pump iced coffee with room for cream in the summer.
88. During one of my ultrasounds, the doctors found out that one of my kidneys is completely in the wrong place. It still works fine though.
89. This one is embarrassing....I have never read all the way through my Bible. I am changing that this year, though.
90. My favorite cuisine to eat is Japanese. My favorite dishes are Sukiyaki and Tempura.
91. I have a bad habit of picking at my cuticles.
92. I really, really try to find joy in all things.
93. Someday I would love to have chickens in my backyard.
94. I would love to take our family to the east coast someday and see all the historical sites and museums in Washington DC.
95. I can read a book on curvy roads and not get sick.
96. My favorite movie is Return of the King. I cry every time I see it.
97. I have kept a journal since my husband and I were engaged.
98. I used to teach beginning piano before I was married and the first couple of years after.
99. I actually started compiling this list in early June.
100. I am going to be an Aunt for the eleventh time this August.
I hope you enjoyed learning more about me and don't forget to comment!