Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That there are bugs crawling on me! Just kidding....we have noticed at night these roundish, flying, small bugs on our windows; attracted to the light. So this morning, Bookworm captured one for me in a plastic cup and I was trying to identify it on the internet. I couldn't really find it, but I do think that it is in the Hemiptera class and Homoptera order....I am not sure how that information is going to help me get rid of them though. But 15 minutes of looking online while hearing this bug frantically fly into the walls of the plastic cup has given me the heeby-jeebies....

What I'm reading:
Record books. I was proofing the kids record books all last week and then helping to judge our clubs' books yesterday.....and the Iliad is almost done. And by the way, all three older kids got gold on their record books!

What I'm listening to:
Early morning chatter going on upstairs and the air conditioning already coming on. It's going to be another hot one today.

What we're learning:
Our last week of formal school! We'll be wrapping up a couple of history assignments we missed last week due to the record book rush, finish the last unit in Total Language Plus and review the first 22 questions in the Shorter Catechism.

What I'm watching:
My Sweetie and I watched both the Bourne Supremacy and Bourne Ultimatum this last weekend. My favorite out of all three? Ultimatum.

What's cooking:
Tomorrow I am making a new dish called Pasta with Greens and Beans. I think I picked it because I like the name.

What I'm buying:
I'm happy that we finally found a freezer off of Craigslist that we were looking for.

What I'm thankful for:
My precious children that make me laugh everyday. Almost everyday. :-)

What I'm creating: I'm helping the children create 3-5 pound rabbits. To be in the market competition at the State Fair, they have to be between that weight. So the weighing and monitored feeding begins....

What I'm praying:
That I would find my true joy in Christ alone.

What I'm planning:
For friends to come over this afternoon after school for swimming!

What we did this last weekend: Sunday we heard a sermon from one of our missionaries who is on furlough from China, we had our first church picnic of the summer on the hottest day so far this summer (103 degrees), I judged record books then we finished the day at a friends house for munchies and fellowship.

What I'm looking forward to:
This weekend is our annual 4th of July party with friends....staying up late, games, volleyball and swimming. Our plans for the actual 4th are up in the air and then my Sweetie gets next Monday off. Yay!!

A picture to share:



~Dasher, making a splash.

3 comments:

  1. I hear you on the bug hebie gebies. Funny how that works. Love the splash photo!! Sorry you're so hot. We're socked in with fog most days until noon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite it the Ultimatum one also. Jason and I love the whole series.
    I cannot believe the drastically different weather we're having! We've had a high of 78 degrees over the past month. I must say, its been glorious :)

    Hope you have fun on the 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I think of the coast a lot during this time of year... :-)

    And the Northwest too, Stef. Usually I like the heat, but we were out in it yesterday which did make it more miserable.

    Have a great 4th too!

    ReplyDelete