Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That our rabbits eat a ton! I have to go out and buy another 150 pounds of feed today....

What I'm reading:
I am almost done with the Iliad, but I am not sure when I will finish it. This week looks like it is going to be a busy one...

What I'm listening to:
Bookworm playing the piano and singing.

What we're learning:
This week we are finishing vol. 1 of our history with the death and resurrection of Christ and learning about Cephalopods (octopus and squid) in science. But the big thing this week is the 4-H record books. These are due this weekend.

What I'm watching:
We don't belong to Netflix or have cable so the main way we get DVD's to watch is from the library. This last week I found Far and Away and we watched that on Friday.

What's cooking:
I'm making a new recipe called Mediterranean Chicken that looks really yummy.

What I'm buying: I'm doing research for a photo editing program; any of my photography friend have any recommendations?

What I'm thankful for: My Sweetie; he is such a great provider, loving husband and great dad.

What I'm creating: Ice cream this afternoon in our ice cream maker...I am trying to decide between Peaches and Cream or Chocolate Chip Vanilla.....or maybe both!

What I'm praying: That I will not let my children's sin and shortcomings irritate me; but to continue to have grace and gently disciple them.

What I'm planning:
To edit all the pictures I took last week at the fair.

What we did this last weekend: Saturday we went for a nice long bike ride with all the kids; our town here has great bike trails. Then Sunday afternoon we had friends over for swimming, Scattegories and fellowship.

What I'm looking forward to:
The older two kids have play practice this week and then we have our first church picnic this Sunday after church.

A picture to share:


~Nutsy enjoying an ice cream cone at the fair last week.

2 comments:

  1. I like that you added the weekend question. Love it! Also, I can't wait for the days when I can hear my kids playing the piano... I truly cannot wait for those days.
    And, the picture = super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am saying a LOUD AMEN to your "what I am praying for"... that is exactly what my heart has been taking to Lord a lot lately...

    ReplyDelete