Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I need to sell some rabbits. We are selling 2 of the 'teenager' does. They have really good pedigree and are going to be great breeding rabbits so if you live near me and know of someone....

What I'm reading:
I'm almost done with the Iliad and I have mixed feelings about it. More on that when I write a review post for all of you.

What I'm listening to: My son on the radio....he just won The Fish's Impossible IQ question!

What we're learning: We are coming to the end of Mystery of History's first volume and this week are studying Jesus' birth, his teaching and miracles and Tiberius Caesar. The other big thing the children are working on is their 4-H record books. These are pretty extensive - they have to write a 2-3 page story about themselves, record everything they did this last year in their projects, community service and club meetings and record their profits and losses. And the record books are due in two weeks!!

What I'm watching:
We watched one of my favorite movies again over the weekend - The Bourne Identity.

What's cooking:
I am planning a birthday dinner for my Sweetie this week and he requested yummy Tostadas.

What I'm buying:
This is my big shopping week so I am planning to go to Costco, Trader Joe's, Target, Winco and maybe Wal Mart in the next 48 hours.... :-)

What I'm thankful for:
That my Sweetie has a job! I am thankful that the Lord took us through a time when he was unemployed....it makes me so much more thankful for where we are now.

What I'm creating:
Shopping lists....

What I'm praying:
For patience and kind words as I parent my children.

What I'm planning:
I'm making plans for curriculum next year and deciding what stays and what goes.

What we did this last weekend: On Friday we went with some friends to see Shakespeare in the Park and saw A Midsummer Night's Dream. This production was very kid friendly and made Shakespeare not as dry as it can be sometimes. Most Sundays we fellowship with others from our church, but yesterday we went for a nice bike ride and then played some games with the children. It was very relaxing and made me realize how important a quiet Sunday afternoon with just my precious family really is.

What I'm looking forward to:
Our good friends have their county fair this week and are showing poultry and sheep so we are headed to another fair, this time as spectators, on Wednesday and Friday.

A picture to share:



A nice glass of Merlot out by the garden.....before the mosquitoes attacked.

Comments

  1. I can't wait to hear your review of the Iliad!

    I love the Bourne movies too! My faves!

    And I love your tostada sauce recipe (thank you for posting it).

    Go Jimmy!

    Happy Birthday, James!

    Hope you all have a wonderful week!

    The end. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this, Charlotte! Can't wait to hear about J's big win. :-)

    --Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the very last chapter of MOH I. It made me cry. What a great curriculum! :D

    So glad you had a nice day yesterday. We had a good one too visiting with friends although wowsers, we are wiped today.

    Congrats to Jimmy! :+)

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. your sweetie has very yummy taste! Tostadas sound delicious!
    And, we just watched the Bourne movies on our trip to CA and back. Such a good series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate the Bourne movies being fun action, but clean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for reading, everyone!

    That is what I LOVE about the whole Bourne series...very clean with good action.

    And someone asked what the IQ question was: 42% of men do this during the first 5 years of marriage.......lose their wedding ring!

    And I am the one that suggested that answer for Mr. Lego.... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts