Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That the allergies I have had for 2+ weeks now are really getting old and I am praying that they will clear up soon.

What I'm reading:
I had to renew the Iliad from the library this last week; I was really hoping to get it read before it was due but that didn't happen. I hope to get a chunk of it done this afternoon at the pool.

What I'm listening to:
Pages turning in the school room as the older ones work the books and Nutsy talking to herself as she plays with the dollhouse.

What we're learning:
Last week turned into a non-formal school week which was a good thing for us. So this week we started up again, studying the Battle of Actium and Augustus Caesar in history, mollusks in science and a review of catechism questions #18-20.

What I'm watching: Towels drying on the clothesline outside. I really love being able to line dry lots of things in the summer mainly because it really cuts down on the drying time. But I am not one of those people that loves the 'outside smell' on their laundry so when the clothes come in they go into the dryer with a bounce sheet for 5 minutes.

What's cooking:
Tonight I am making easy Potato-Onion Soup with french bread and balsamic vinegar and olive oil for dipping.

What I'm buying:
Our glass blender container broke last week so I need to go get another one. And yes, it was me and not one of my children that broke it.

What I'm thankful for:
For precious friends at church who notice the small things.

What I'm creating:
A clean rabbitry. This week it is my goal to get to the disinfecting of the rabbit cages....fun, fun, fun.

What I'm praying:
I have been convicted lately that I am neglecting my personal prayer and bible time. I am praying that this week I will be faithful to spend time each day in the word and in prayer.

What I'm planning:
To take the kids to the pool later this afternoon. It is really feeling like summer now!

What we did this last weekend: On Saturday we (I should say the 2 guys) installed a new garage door motor, then yesterday we went to church, had our monthly fellowship meal then went to the assisted living center and helped with the service there.

What I'm looking forward to:
Tomorrow we have our last 4-H meeting with an end of the year BBQ, and that is all that is on the calendar this week which is very nice.

A picture to share:



~Roses from our garden.

Comments

  1. the flowers are beautiful! And, you just reminded me that I have not been faithful at all with my Tuesday Tidbits. Oh well... I enjoy your Monday Musings a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stef. I love reading your Tuesday Tidbits too; you have been busy the last week or so! :-) Thanks for being a blogging buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been bad at leaving comments, but just wanted you to know that I'm following along! Yuck to the rabbit cages!! Beautiful roses! And since I haven't left comments, just want you to know that I loved the post about your home, am going to try your refried bean recipe this summer, love all your recipes, enjoy hearing about the rabbits, and like knowing what's happening with you my friend! Hugs!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts