Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Monday Musings (On Tuesday)

What I'm thinking: That I hope my voice comes back soon....I think I lost it over the weekend at fair.

What I'm reading:
Unfortunately nothing today. I hope to get into my book list later this week.

What I'm listening to:
The kids chattering in the kitchen.

What we're learning: We are having a light school week this week. Our co-op is having an end of the year party and then Mr. Lego is a part of a small group of homeschoolers that is planning to put on a play this summer and their first practice is this week
.

What I'm watching:
The weather starting to look like summer! I really do enjoy the heat.

What's cooking:
I planned out the weekend so well; we brought our own food into the fair every day and saved a bundle. So today I am tired and don't feel like cooking so we are having frozen burritos.

What I'm buying:
I can't think of anything that I need to get this week except groceries.

What I'm thankful for:
That the fair went so smoothly! Mr. Lego got 1st and 2nd in the breed show, Bookworm got 4th in Junior Novice Showmanship and Best of Breed in the breed show, and Dasher got 3rd and 5th in the breed show. They did great!

What I'm creating:
I just made myself a lovely cup of Earl Grey Tea with raw honey in hopes of soothing my hoarse voice.

What I'm praying:
That I would continue to be faithful to my Bible reading time each day.

What I'm planning:
To do laundry, clean out the rabbitry, and clean the house this week.

What we did this last weekend: Spent 30 hours at the fair.....blog posts to come.

What I'm looking forward to:
A week mostly spent at home. I can't believe it is already June!

A picture to share:

The winners.

7 comments:

  1. Good job to your kids. And the momma who helped them through it all! How great!
    Someday, I hope to be a 4-H ing mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job to your kids!! And to the Momma who helped them through it all!
    Someday I hope to be a 4-H ing Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Erin! I was skeptical when we started 4-H but I can say after our first year that I LOVE it. The community service, public speaking and so much stuff that they learn is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 30 hours at the fair?! Super woman!! My brother and sister LOVED 4-H! They still talk about all their entries and ribbons :)
    Looking forward to your post about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monday night when we were getting in bed, I did the math and figured out the 30 hours.

    The livestock pavilion was way in the back so every time we went in, we basically walked by everything...some of the vendors knew my kids by name... :-)

    Thanks, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so proud of their ribbons!!

    ReplyDelete