Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: Fair week is finally here! We take the rabbits for check in on Wednesday to Cal Expo and then the showmanship competition is Thursday. Friday is the breed show and also the day we will redeem our rides wristbands with the grandparents, (and probably stay until 10pm that night) then Saturday are a few fun rabbit competitions, then Monday is Rabbit Bowl. (Basically Jeopardy for kids with rabbit questions.) Whew!!

What I'm reading:
Please don't ask me that. I am so behind on my list! And it is already the end of May and I still have 4 books to get through plus the two I am trying to finish now.

What I'm listening to:
Bookworm singing a song about the order of the presidents, pages rustling and the bird chirping in the school room.

What we're learning:
We are taking a week off of formal schooling this week...yesterday I was thinking and realized this is the first week we have taken off since Christmas!

What I'm watching:
Last night my Sweetie and I watched Fireproof. It was a very thought provoking movie about marriage that made me think.

What's cooking:
Lots of crock pot meals this week. With going to the fair for 5 days and our last co-op on Wednesday, I need easy already-made meals.

What I'm buying:
I need to run out today and look for a white skirt for Bookworm. The kids have to wear their whites at fair and yesterday we all voted that her skirt is more khaki looking.

What I'm thankful for:
The faithfulness of God. I let Him down every day, but He is and will always be faithful.

What I'm creating:
Pretty pictures. Tonight I am going to edit some senior portraits I took over the weekend for a friend.

What I'm praying:
That this week would go smoothly!

What I'm planning:
To go work out in the garage with an exercise DVD after I finish this post.

What we did this last weekend:
We heard a great sermon yesterday on holiness, then had a few friends over for Donburi and Miso.

What I'm looking forward to:
Our last co-op of the year is Wednesday which will be bittersweet, and then the craziness of fair.

A picture to share:


Strawberry Glazed Pie.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you are one busy mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda, for reading! Yes this week is crazy, but then after that it calms down a bit. (And know that I would have never attempted this when they were all younger!) It is good to be busy once and a while but I don't think I could do this too often. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just telling someone about Fireproof. I think the message is so solid!
    Have fun at the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Erin!

    I am also on the look out for the Love Dare Book....I would like to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts