Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: I am thinking about what I should write here....seriously, I don't at this moment have really anything on my mind.
What I'm reading:
I'm on the last chapter of my book on humility, but today I am taking notes on yet another rabbit book, this one about kindling. (babies!)
What I'm listening to:
Bookworm reading her math lesson to herself, Mr. Lego whistling while he does his spelling and the dryer, reminding me that it is a Monday.
What we're learning: We are learning about the fall of Judah in history, Shorter Catechism question 6, and kicking it in high gear for our 4-H presentations in a couple weeks.
What I'm watching:
Clouds (or is it fog?) coming in...I think we are supposed to get rain tomorrow.
What's cooking:
A new recipe tonight, Chicken and Hominy Soup.
What I'm buying:
We bought another doe on Saturday, Thelma Lou, who is expecting babies the 18th of February!
What I'm wearing: Jeans, cream colored shirt and brown sweater.
What I'm thankful for: The assurance I have that I am in Christ...and a great sermon we heard yesterday.
What I'm creating:
The braided rug is taking shape....
What I'm praying: That our school week and the numerous things we have going this week would go smoothly.
What I'm planning:
I'm teaching co-op next month so I am going through geography books and finding fun facts about volcanoes, glaciers, icebergs and mountains. (Did you know there is an iceberg the size of Jamaica floating off the coast of Greenland?!?)
What I'm looking forward to:
Co-op this week, our last dance practice this Friday and getting together with a friend for coffee this afternoon.
A picture to share:

A picture by Mr. Lego titled, 'Bizarre'.

Comments

  1. I'd love to see a picture of the rug and no, I did not know there's an iceberg that huge off the coast of Greenland!! That's amazing. I have a weird urge to go visit there someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte, thanks for stopping by:)

    We raised the rabbit ourselves. It's a white New Zealand breed, they get really big and have a lot of meat on them.
    I gave some of them to my neighbor to raise also and in exchange, he gets them ready to cook.
    Not just any rabbit will do. There are the "pet" kind and the meat kind, as I'm sure you know. What breed do you have?

    You can sometimes find rabbit at the grocery store, but not often.
    If you decide to raise them yourself, you can find them on Craigslist usually.

    Sorry to ramble:) Email me if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I am so excited about this! We are raising New Zealands right now too. We just joined 4-H this year and decided to do the meat rabbits. So I have a buck and 2 does...one is pregnant right now but we will breed them again in late February for our fair. Then after that when I breed them they will be for meat or pets. I am nervous about processing them, but I have a friend who has done it before.

    Have you ever sold them as meat? I am thinking that since we are small time breeders I would sell the rabbit live for meat, but I think that rabbit meat, for all the good it is, is in the minority of meat consumption. So if I have trouble selling them as meat, they will go as pets. We live in the suburbs and I have only a 4 hole and so that puts a little more pressure on selling them...

    So excited to find another New Zealand breeder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great week Charlotte - I like hearing about the rabbits!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts