Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Monday Musings (On Tuesday)

What I'm thinking: That we had a lovely day yesterday with my Sweetie home for President's Day.
What I'm reading: I finally finished Humility, the Forgotten Virtue. A very good read. Now I have started
The Mother at Home by John CS Abbott. I am so far behind on my 12 books, but we will see if I can make it!
What I'm listening to:
The turning of pages. Bookworm is reading behind me on the sofa. That's why we call her Bookworm!
What we're learning:
I missing a day of school this week because yesterday was a holiday, so it will be tight. We are learning about Nebuchadnezzar, Daniel and Aesop's Fables in history. Shorter Catechism question #7, Dasher is reviewing subtraction and the older ones are starting the third lesson of Caddie Woodlawn's Total Language Plus.
What I'm watching:
The Olympics! We are in the same time zone as Vancouver, but they are still on so late at night...up til almost midnight last night to watch the figure skating!
What's cooking: Chicken Pad Thai is on the menu this week...it is a Cooking Light recipe that I have tweaked a bit.
What I'm buying: We finally got another bookshelf from Ikea over the weekend for Mr. Lego's room...I'm bummed though, that they discontinued the
Beech finish....
What I'm wearing: Still in my bathrobe!
What I'm thankful for:
Good friends.
What I'm creating:
I'm helping the kids with their 4-H presentation poster boards, and working on lesson plans for co-op.
What I'm praying:
That the Lord would continue to draw my children's hearts closer to Him.
What I'm planning:
To have baby rabbits later this week! I am also starting to think about my garden.
What I'm looking forward to:
Co-op, the church dance practice (moved from last week), and seeing some extended family this weekend.
A picture to share:




~Last week in Co-op we learned about islands. Kate came up with this great craft using air dry clay, pipe cleaners, shells, and blue glitter glue.

2 comments:

  1. The Mother At Home is one of my favorite books! It's been a long time since I've read it - I should open it again. :) And don't at all feel guilty about being behind on book reading. I started behind and it's only gotten worse. LOL

    Jeff and I had Thai yesterday for our day out. I was telling the girls about the food at breakfast and they're eager to try some. Did I tell you I went to Thailand in '92? LOVE Thailand. I'd love your recipe (and to hear how it comes out) if you'd be willing to share it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear more about your day out. And I never knew you went to Thailand! I am thinking I might blog about the recipe later this week...it is one of my favorites! Hope to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete