Up and Down

This past week has been an up and down week. People I love are struggling...a couple families have their husbands out of work, some are dealing with the burden of juggling so much, one friend is losing her unborn baby, another has a sick little one in the hospital and others are dealing with so many unexpected things. The economy is directly affecting my husband's job which is once again in jeopardy.

Life can have so many burdens; even in daily life...caring and disciplining our children, keeping the home running smoothly, and encouraging our husbands. Sometimes it is so easy to be totally overwhelmed by our responsibilities and difficulties. And for a couple days this week, I chose to do this. Not a good choice. Really. All it did was increase my sadness and give me reasons to feel bad for myself. But then I was encouraged by scripture.

"Consider it all joy, my brethren when you encounter various trails,
knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.

And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be
perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

James 1:2-4

We are called to have joy! It is really hard to rejoice, when it seems like things are falling down around you. But we have so many promises in scripture; God is faithful to the helpless, gives strength to the weary and sanctifies us through our trials. A sweet friend shared these beautiful lyrics with me recently:

Blessed be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord,
still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name,
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name.

I love this song so much that I stuck it on my sidebar for your listening pleasure...it sure did help me through my week and I hope it helps you through yours too. One more encouraging song that also helped me is from Steven Curtis Chapman's newest album, Beauty Will Rise. It's on the sidebar too - check it out.

Comments

  1. ((HUGS)) dear friend. Love this post. Glad you like the song too - it has encouraged me a lot these past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had these same feelings last week. A heavy heart for family and friends that were suffering and feeling burdened. I will pray for your friends. I cannot imagine what it would be like to have Jason out of work. I'm so thankful for that blessing and need to be reminded to think of others who are dealing with those things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I got to visit you recently my dear friend and hug you in real life! I'm sorry that you were having a hard time - it is hard not to get overwhelmed sometimes. But Praise the Lord for His encouragement found in Scriptures and through songs and friends!

    The first song has been sung at Cornerstone many a time with the praise band in Chapel, so we know it well and love it! And the Steven Curtis song is beautiful - brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing them.

    Glad you shared Charlotte - I pray that this is a better week for you and for all the people we know that are struggling with so many different trials.

    Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your prayers, Charlotte. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts