Monday, August 17, 2009

Four Steps That Lead To Peace

I recently read one of my favorite books again, 'Stepping Heavenward' by Elizabeth Prentiss. It is amazing what different things you see when you read something the next time through and I was blessed again during my perusal of it.

One of the points that stuck in my mind this time was her quote of a book she mentions titled 'The Imitation of Christ'. That book listed Four Steps to Peace which meant so much to me that I wanted to share them with all of you:

1.Be desirous of doing the will of another, rather than thine own.

2.Choose always to have less, rather than more.

3. Seek always the lowest place, and to be inferior to every one.

4. Wish always, and pray, that the will of God may be wholly fulfilled in thee.


What a incredible contrast to what we see around us in the world and what an amazing reminder of what we all should strive for!

I did find out that The Imitation of Christ by Thomas A. Kempis (1418) is available at Amazon. Maybe I will put that one on my reading list...

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love that book and it's been too many years since I've read it last. I love the 4 points - especially #1..ouch! :)

    Are you putting together a book list for the year? I started reading Adler's book, "How to Read a Book". Very good so far! I also went to Cornerstone Christian's website and found their Junior and Senior book lists! I think I'll be choosing some from it. :)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dawn! I am going to do the 12 Books in 12 Months and am really trying to put my list together before I make a post. Thanks for the tip about Cornerstone...I was running out of ideas. 12 books is a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely reminder Charlotte! And I definitely have some work to do!! :)

    ReplyDelete