12 Books in 12 Months

My friend Dawn came up with a great idea for keeping track of reading books this year. So I am going to do it too...12 books in 12 months. It was actually harder than I thought, coming up with 12 good books, but here is my list so far...

  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
  • Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • The Marvelous Riches of Savoring Christ by Ruth Bryan
  • Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott
  • Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
  • Passionate Housewives Desperate for God by Jennie Chancey and Stacey McDonald
  • Quo Vadis by Henryk Sienkiewicz
  • The History of Redemption by Jonathan Edwards
  • Iliad of Homer
I do love to read and try to make time for reading everyday. But most of time I choose 'easier' books to read. I am hoping that this challenge will continue to sharpen my mind and make good use of my reading time.

I have already decided on my first book, Gulliver's Travels (because I just started reading it!) and to make it official will try to have it done by the end of September.

So whose up for this challenge with me?

Comments

  1. I am so impressed! I must admit that I don't take enough time to read books for pleasure. I have enough of a challenge reading the Bible! I know it's sad. Somehow after household and homeschool responsibilities, I just don't have the interest or the energy to read a good book. Probably because, enjoyable though it may be, it does take work to attend to the task of reading. And I'm just too tired. Maybe when the kids get older and can help me around the house a little? We'll see.

    --Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love Pride and Prejudice - adds so much more to what you've seen in the movie and gives incredible background. If you enjoy those types of books, try Wives and Daughters (very good read) and an excellent movie as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You inspire me! I will have to think about this list for a day or two, but I will try to post my list soon. Thanks for sharing the challenge!

    Blessings-
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK Charlotte, it's only the second week and I feel behind already... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy - I totally understand. Since they are getting older I have a little bit more reading time... :)

    Stef - I have never seen the movie(P&P)! So the big question, should I read the book first or see the movie??

    Marcia - I would love to have you do this challenge with me...the more the merrier!

    Dawn - I have not picked up Gulliver's Travels since before the camping trip!! That's why I gave myself the whole month of September to get on the ball. When is your deadline?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlotte - I love this! I think I'll come up with a list to help me get back to reading. I am in shock - SHOCK - that you have not read or watched P&P!! Movies never live up to the books, but you understand the movie better when you have the background info, so I don't know what you should do first! My favorite version is the A&E one with Colin Firth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts